Incubator for Contemporary Circus
Hautomo is a project established by Circo Aereo, to support emerging and established professional circus artists by means of long-term artistic mentoring and production counselling.
- To produce high quality, export grade, long lifespan contemporary circus performances.
- To provide young circus artists with opportunities for employment and both national and international networking.
- To improve production conditions and establish new premium-level Nordic contemporary circus companies and performers with strong artistic identities using the so-called Nokia Model: mentoring of young, promising talents by experienced artists.
- To support established circus artists with long artistic careers.
Circo Aereo's project partners include Nordic artist residence centres, networks, schools, information centres and other circus organisations.
Project partners also include the circus artists and companies selected to participate in the programme. With the aid of Circo Aereo's existing structures, long-term co-production processes with the artists become both profound and cost-effective.
Case: Petit Mal
- The first Hautomo production and a fabulous international success.
- The long-term three-stage artistic process used in Petit mal built the young artists' stage experience, improved their audience interaction skills, took their artistic work onto a deeper level and solidified the company's financing.
The Hautomo project, launched in 2010-2011, is financed by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture and the Kone Foundation.